Hawai’i Police Department
Sergeant William Gary Souther
Phone: 326-4646, Ext. 259
October 21, 2010
The Hawai’i Police Department encourages the public to have a fun and safe Halloween.
Please be aware that, unlike last year, there will be no road closures on Ali’i Drive this Halloween. Ali’i Drive will be open to traffic on Saturday, October 30, and Sunday, October 31. Drivers are urged to be aware of pedestrians and drive safely.
Police offer these tips for pedestrian safety at Halloween:
- Make sure children are supervised as they cross the street.
- Have children get out of cars on the curb side, not on the traffic side.
- Drive below the posted speed limit during trick-or-treating hours.
- Watch for children on roadways and on medians.
- Exit driveways and alleyways carefully.