Hawaiʻi Police Department
Criminal Investigations Section, Area II
Lieutenant Gerald Wike
Phone: 326-4646, Ext 266
Report No. C11015999
Big Island police are investigating a commercial burglary in Kaʻū in June.
The burglars took numerous items from a ranch off South Point Road in Nāʻālehu sometime between June 15 and June 19.
The items included:
- A red Toyota Tacoma pickup truck without a bed, license plate MAD259
- A red-and-white Honda XR250 dirt bike
- A red Honda XR100 dirt bike
- A tan Honda Four Trax 400 all-terrain vehicle with a heavy-duty steel rack
- A green 300-gallon plastic Chemtainer water tank with a repaired crack and the word “repair” written nearby
- A green 2,500-gallon plastic water tank with white lettering spray painted on the side
- An aluminum truck bed tool box with a silver diamond pattern containing sockets, pipe wrenches, grinders, hammers and miscellaneous fencing and plumbing tools
Police ask that anyone with information about the burglary or the location of any of the stolen items call the Police Department’s non emergency line at 935-3311.Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call Crime Stoppers at 961-8300 in Hilo or 329-8181 in Kona and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.