Register for local public safety text message and email alerts powered by Nixle.
Ways to sign up
- Visit Nixle’s online site and register.
- Text your zip code to: 888777 for SMS notifications only. (Find out how to text your zip code.)
Nixle does not charge citizens for this service but Message and Data rates may apply. Message frequency may be periodic and depends on account settings. AT&T, T-Mobile®, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and most other carriers are supported.
How to decide what messages you want to receive from the Hawaiʻi Police Department
- Subscribe to Hawaiʻi Police Department.
- Check the “Email” box if you want to receive email messages.
- Choose “None” if you don’t want any SMS messages sent to your mobile phone.
- Choose “Alerts Only” to receive just the most critical messages on your mobile phone.
- Choose “Alerts, Advisories” to receive the most critical messages and traffic advisories on your mobile phone.
- Choose “Alerts, Advisories, Community” to receive the Police Department’s media releases along with the most critical messages and traffic advisories on your mobile phone.
More Nixle information