Residents or businesses using the following steps can organize a Neighborhood or Business Watch Program:
- Contact between law enforcement (Community Policing) and the neighborhood or business begins the process. The Community Police officer can provide information and offer guidance to all interested parties on how to set up the program.
- The group will be asked to conduct a survey as a means of determining community problems and/or major issues of interest to the community.
- The interested group is asked to host a meeting to:
- Review identified problems.
- Focus on crime issues in the neighborhood or business area.
- Help the community develop strategies to deal with identified problems or issues.
- Select a Coordinator and Block Captains.
- Schedule the next meeting and develop plans for future meetings.