HAWAII COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT
OFFICE OF THE POLICE CHIEF
APRIL 16, 2003
The Hawaii County Police Department’s community policing officers will hold a series of public meetings early next month in various Big Island communities to discuss the proposed Hawaii County Microwave Digital Upgrade Project.
The upgrade project includes refurbishing or replacing existing telecommunication towers and shelters around the island.
Public meetings are scheduled for:
- 10 a.m., Thursday, May 1, 2003 — the Hale Halawai Pavilion in Kailua-Kona.
- 5 p.m., Thursday, May 1, 2003 — the County Council Room at the County Building in Hilo.
- Noon, Friday, May 2, 2003 — the Hamakua Courthouse in Honokaa.
- 5 p.m., Friday, May 2, 2003 — the Kapaau Courthouse in Kapaau, North Kohala.
- 5 p.m., Saturday, May 3, 2003 — the Naalehu Community Center in Naalehu, Ka’u.
The towers are located at Iolehaehae, the Hamakua Police Station, Kamehameha Park, the Waimea Police Station, HueHue Ranch, Kahua Ranch, Moanuiahea (above Makalei Golf Course), the Kona Police Station, Ohia Mill, the Captain Cook Police Substation, Kauna Point, South Point, Naalehu, the new Ka’u Police Station, the Puna Police Station, Kulani Cone, the Public Safety Building (Hilo), the Central Fire Station (Hilo) and the Hilo County Baseyard.
# # #